Welcome to Day One of the Pink Paislee and Petaloo 12 Days of Christmas! Every day we will be featuring a Holiday project by our design team with tips and techniques along with simple instructions and of course 12 days of Petaloo Giveaways! Plus we are teaming up with the creative team at Pink Paislee for more ideas, tips and giveaways!
And winning a Petaloo giveaway couldn't be easier! Just post a comment here on our blog and each day we will pick a winner!
Our first day of Christmas inspiration comes from designer, Zarah Peterson all the way from Sweden featuring our beautiful Chantilly Collection of flowers and Pink Paislee Father Christmas Collection!
"I was so excited when i received my wonderful package brimming with with beautiful Petaloo flowers and Father Christmas collection from Pink Paislee. Creating a layout was so easy as these two companies work so well together!
As a Christmas present, I made this layout for my darling friend Anna, featuring her über cute son Leon as the most adorable Gingerbread Man you've ever seen..."
"Sugar and spice and everything nice - that's what tiny Gingerbread Men are made of!"
To make this layout, here's what you do:
- Print your photo three times, or print three different photos. They should be around 4½x3¼ each. I've used a digital frame by Lynn-Marie Favreau, but of course you can just mat it on cardstock.
- Cut a piece of the Trading Cards-paper into a roughly 4 inch wide strip and tear the bottom off. It should be somewhere around 10 inches long. Cut and tear a strip of the Special Delivery-paper into a roughly 4 inches wide and 7½-8½ inch long piece.
Pop out a journaling spot from the punch out-sheet.
Ink all the edges.
- Rip a piece of the box your papers came in (or another piece of corrugated cardboard). It should be approximately 3 inches wide and 9 inches long. Also punch out the scalloped strip from the punch out-sheet. Ink these as well.
- Mount all your papers except the scalloped strip. Get some acrylic paint. Mix it sparely with water to make it easy to splash around, and get yourself some drops, drips and dribbles on your papers, especially the background. Now check out the Petaloo and Pink Paislee blogs while that dries... ;)
- All dry? Good! Let's continue! Mount your photos in place! You're gonna want some popdots here or the upper edges will tilt horribly, since the bottom parts of them are placed on the currogared cardboard.
- Glue down the scalloped strip, and grab a piece of lace. Glue that lace down on top - it should look a bit messy and haphazard. Staple down the edges.
- Now, dive into that flower stash and grab the biggest of the three lush flowers from the sheet of Velvet & Lace, Buttercream. Also, get one of the gorgeous Cream/Gold Mixed Blooms from the Chantilly collection and a whole bunch of (my absolute favourites, actually!) the glittery, shimmery cream and brown flowers out of the Velvet Hydrangeas, blue. (Don't let the name fool you - there are three colours in there, all just as pretty!)
Glue these down in a messy triangular shape around the photos. Mix in some of the sheerer leaves from the Holiday Foliage Leaves too.
- Add your title & your journaling. Put some gems and pearls around the flowers and in the free circular shape of the shalloped strip. Stick two pins into the biggest flower, and...
- You're done!
Now, while this LO is all set to get mailed to Anna, I'm far from done. There was so much in that box, it could probably keep me busy through two or more Christmasses sets of photos, and I fully intend on boring you all half to death with a lot more results of the lovestory between Petaloo and Pink Paislee...
...but for now, I'd like to thank you for reading this, send huge hugs to the talented and generous paper-designers of Pink Paislee and equally big hugs to my adorable, evergiving bosses at Petaloo, and - above all:
I wish you all a VERY Happy Holiday!